Vision and strategy
ASSA ABLOY is a global company. Our vision is to be the true world leader and most successful and innovative provider of total door opening solutions. Our sustainability agenda plays an important role in helping us achieve this vision.
Our sustainability agenda includes social and environmental priorities to both reduce our environmental impact and manage opportunities.
Examples of priorities to reduce our environmental impact are:
- Optimizing resource and energy consumption
- Minimizing carbon emissions
- Reducing water consumption and waste generation
- Phasing out hazardous chemicals
- Improving health and safety performance
- Improving sustainability performance within the supply chain
Examples of priorities to manage opportunities are:
- Enhancing the sustainability performance in our products
- Creating products that fulfill our customers’ needs
- Utilizing sustainability as an innovation driver
Important progress was achieved during 2013 in health and safety, expanding the scope of suppliers in our “Sustainability Supplier Audit Programme” and phasing out hazardous substances. The procedures to maintain quality and manage environmental impact, established since 2010, have been successful, with a total of 327 units now included in the Group reporting process.